The goal for the composite tanks are 250PSI operating 500 psi design burst and 375psi qualification.
Today the tank I tested failed at 375psi. When I blew one end out, I did not re-bond the opposite end, the opposie end then failed. (Sort of expected) When it failed it also split lengthwise.
John is gong to make me some new tubes to test.. with a peel ply layer at the bonding ends and an additional layer on the ends for additional strength on the end caps.
We may add enough material to have bolted ends as that allows you to disassemble and inspect etc...
I also need to slightly rework my seals as the tank seeped until the pressure came up and the seals seated hard. (IE it seeped at 50psi, but stopped at 125 or so)
The current conceptual launcher uses bundles of 4" tanks so the next tube samples will be 4" The current sample is 3"