Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Injector Version 2 flow tests
Based on my previous testing and some advice I received on Arocket I built a new injector.
Its got a smaller pintile and a tapered out area behind the annular gap. the annular gap is only 0.050 deep. the new pintile is only 0.400" across. I flow tested it tonight and the Fuel came out perfectly within 1.5 % of where I wanted. Well within my experimental error! The oxidizer is about 10% low (Meaning I'll need to run my pressure 20% high) Its good enough to test as is. The visual quality of the combined spray cone is very good. I took a fast flash picture of the result its on the left.
I also took a picture of just the fuel orfice
I also tried to take a picture of just the lox spray and got everything in the entire shop wet. Sorry for the bad quality, but after wiping the water off of my Lathe and Mill I was not about to try to take the picture again.
Thursday or Friday I'll try to braze the igniter mount on the the assembly and I'll have a new motor by the end of the week end!
Posted by Paul Breed at 10:16 PM