The Tank details...
- Predicted Tank weight 5.6 Kg
- Actual tank weight (The end caps ar a bit less deep) 5.25Kg
- Predicted burst pressure: 558 PSI.
- Actual tank burst 495 PSI. (End cap was too thin from forming.)
- Calculated Tank volume disreguarding 1/2 the end cap volume to account for shallower than spherical end caps: 51.3 liters
- MR 10.78
I'm very happy with this test. This is the exact tank design that is in my vehicle model
Bob was going to weld up a pair of tanks, but I think I'm going to have him hold off on the 2nd tank until I can hydro form some heavier endcaps of slightly thicker material. So we now have working valves, and a workable tank. Next up an ignitor, thrust chamber and paperwork.