Sunday, March 18, 2007
Good Test Results...
The testing went well on Saturday.
We fired 1/4 of a vehicle. We had some software sequence problems that caused it to start roughly but we ran it for 16 seconds with no burn through or other damage.
The Video is here: Video
Sunday we disassembled the motor and analyzed the data. There is good news/bad news.
Good news, the regen motor shows no signs of melting. The bad news is we looked at the data and the presurization problem was more severe than we thought. We never got up to operating pressure. The operating pressure is supposed to be 80 to 250PSI we ran it from 40 to 120 during the test. So we did not run it anywhere near full throttle. This is actually useful data as it shows the engine is stable at low feed pressures, all the way down to 50 PSI. We got no load cell data.
We also fired the 650 Lb Ablative we tried to fire a few weeks ago.
That video is here
Posted by Paul Breed at 10:12 AM