Thursday, July 09, 2009

Going to FAR

Just finished packing for an early AM departure. I started the day at 4:45 its 11:21 I plan to leave at 4:00 am 18+ hours, . I’m tired.


We have four major projects for this trip in order of importance.



  • Large Customer Project that dwarfs the other three.

  • Static fire H2O2/Kerosene silver ball.

  • Tether fly blue ball. (If this goes really well might try first free flight)

  • Work on Propellant Production.

There will be a TV crew on site Saturday and all the FAR regulars have been asked to bring their best “show and tell.”


 


 


 


 


 

6 comments:

David said...

Excellent - hope is goes well.

Timothy J. Massey said...

I am *so* jealous. Michigan is a long way away from there...

I'm also excited by the fact that you have multiple paying customers allowing you to develop real hardware! Have these customers caused (or allowed) you to change your focus away from the LLC? This is not a criticism: I'm interested in reading about your progress in any direction, regardless. But I'm wondering how these new projects have changed where you see you going in the short-term.

I look forward to the videos! :)

David said...

Tim,

I am with you in your thoughts but Australia is a little further away from there ...

Thad Beier said...

I was at FAR for the morning to watch Flometrics launch their rocket, but I had the privilege of meeting Mr Breed for the first time as well. While I was there, he did indeed fly the blue ball untethered, and it went flawlessly. There were well-deserved high fives and congratulations!

Flometrics rocket was perfect...up to about 10,000 ft. The search party didn't find any of the larger pieces, unfortunately.

I'll let the unreasonablerocket people fill in the details, but just had to let y'all know that the weekend at least started well.

High Power Rocketry said...

Sounds like cool stuff.

shorelineearth said...

Hi Paul...I am getting clicks from a linked comment RE SpaceCraft Gaia Two...your link goes to my blog grouping page...how do you do that?
Latest Gaia Two...
http://gaiatwo.blogspot.com
carry on...
Steve Smyth
SmythSpace